Have you faced Norton error 3040 while updating the product? If yes, then keep reading the blog to Fix Norton Internet Security Error 3040. If you use such product & get any runtime error then contact Norton Antivirus Support. Once you are ready to contact support, choose a mode out of remote, online, or phone. After selecting a mode, then try to connect with techies. Afterward, the techie will resolve such error either via phone or via remote software.
Norton shows—“Update Error 3040” & closes the security suite. In such a difficult time, the very first think come in mind is—how to fix error 3040? Well, it is simple but knotty question can sort via professionals. To fix error 3040, users need to execute steps as given below:
Steps to Fix Norton Internet Security Error 3040:
Step 1: Repair the Registry Entries of Your OS
Repairing the registry entries of your OS will refine it to. Steps to go are:
- Click on “Start” taskbar menu. Start menu locates at the lower-left of the screen.
- Get the search field.
- Type “cmd.exe” in the search box.
- Click “OK”
- Go to the command prompt window.
- Put your cursor on it.
- Type “regedit” command on it.
- Press the [Enter] key.
- From the registry editor, choose error 11 associated key.
- From “File Menu”, select “Export”
- In the “Save In” list, create and name a folder to save the backup key.
- From the “File Name”, try to give a name for backup file for error.
- From “Export Range”, choose “selected branch” if you don’t get such option.
- Click on “Save”
- Save the file with “.reg” extension.
- In such a way, you can save error related backup.
Step 2: Run the “SFC/scannow” command
Running the “SFC/scannow” command can scan the threatened files. To do so,
- Hover over the “Start” menu.
- Click on “Start” menu
- Get the search box.
- Enter “cmd.exe” command in a search field.
- Get CMD window
- Enter “sfc/scan now” command in the given field.
- Now, disc scanner will scan the program files or folders.
Step 3: Install New Windows Updates
- Install new Windows updates, alerts at the right time.
Still, getting error 3040?
Related Blog: How to Fix Norton Error Code 8921, 302?
Contact Reliable Norton Antivirus Support
As an active Norton user, you can face problem any time. If you ever use it & get any runtime errors then sort it by dialing +1-800-227-6190 Norton Antivirus Support Number. Once you place a call at this number, contact expert on the spot. Afterward, Norton expert will fix your error in an efficient manner. Have a go!