Norton AntiVirus works to protect your computers from malware. Norton as an antivirus, works as a complete security software while being connected to the Internet all the time. The failure to connect does not prevent the program from operating, but it is highly essential as it resolves all connection issues. But often you may encounter that you Cannot Connect To Norton Server. If your screen displays such a problem, then you need to avail immediate help. This article will provide you with a better idea about the issue and how to troubleshoot it.
A Norton error “Cannot connect to the Norton server” is an Unexpected Browser error. In fact, sometimes, keep getting the same error may put system in critical situation. So, you need to Fix Norton Error message “Cannot connect to the Norton server” in a few quality steps.
If you experience such error then fix it via Norton Antivirus Support. Now you may put a question on how to fix such kinds of error message in short while. The modes of fixing are:
- Distant channel: by which you can avail an extensive range of remote services right away.
- Online channel: by which you can get a full range of responsive cyber services in short while.
- Phone channel: by which you can avail limitless toll-free facility.
Why You Cannot Connect To Norton Server?
Before troubleshooting the error, you need to understand the underlying causes that why you Cannot Connect To Norton Server. Let us have a look at the probable causes:
- Incomplete download of Norton antivirus software
- Corrupted Windows system file due to malware or virus attack
- Corrupt Windows registry files due to the changes made by the last Norton update.
- Recent changes in firewall and proxy settings.
- Deletion of Norton antivirus program files by malicious program
To fix such error message, you need to give a glimpse at steps given below:
Steps to Resolve Norton Error message “Cannot connect to the Norton server”:
For Windows 10:
- Get on your system
- On your Windows 10 desktop.
- You need to go to “Start” >> ‘Settings” >> System
- You need to click on “Default apps”
- Under “Web browser”, you need to choose “web browser that you wish to set as default.
- You need to activate your Norton shield.
For Windows Vista/XP/8/7/:
Related Blog: How to Fix Norton Opening Problems ?
- You need to hold & press [Windows + R] key altogether to launch “Run” dialog box.
- You need to type “control” (without double quote) in the given field.
- You need to press “Enter” key.
- If the “User Account Control” window shows, you need to click on “Continue”.
- In the given “Control Panel” window, next to “View by”, you need to choose “Category” from the drop-down menu.
- In the mentioned Control Panel” screen, you need to click on “Programs”.
- Under Default Programs, you need to click on “Set your default programs”.
- Under the ‘Set your default programs” window of “Programs”, choose preferred browser.
- After that, click on “Set this program as default”.
- You need to click on “OK”.
Still, getting the same error message?
Alternate to fix the tag cannot connect to Norton server Windows 7
There could be many other possible causes behind the occurrence of Cannot Connect To Norton Server error. You need to troubleshoot each of the probable causes to mitigate the problem.
Solution 1: Connect to Norton Server
Firstly ,you need to press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box. Now, type “control” in the dialog box and hit Enter. Then you need to click Continue which will open the User Account Control window. Go to the Control Panel. Next, you choose Category from the drop-down list and click Programs. Click Set your default programs under the Default Programs and select the web browser you prefer to set as default. Finally, when you click ok, it will connect to the Norton server.
Solution 2: Use Fix Tool
You can also download the fix tool to mitigate the error. Save the downloaded file gets saved on Windows desktop. Now, click the NortonActivationRepair.exe file. Accept the Usage Agreement, by running this tool. In case you are using Windows XP then you need to install the .NET Framework and run the fix tool once again. Finally, click on OK to reboot your computer. After restarting the computer, activate your Norton software.
If the problem persists, uninstall and reinstall your Norton software and carry out the process all over again.
Solution 3: Run Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool
If you already have Norton Installed in your computer, then you need to uninstall it. Now, Download the tool by clicking on Norton Remove and Reinstall tool. The file will automatically get saved to its default location, or you can choose the location manually. Go to the download window and double-click on the NRnR icon. After you agree to the license agreement, you will be asked to click Remove & Reinstall. Click on Continue and then hit Restart Now. Follow the on-screen instruction as soon as the computer reboots and reinstall Norton.
Learn How To Get Quality Aid Via Norton Antivirus Support
If you still get the same error message then you need to learn how to get quality aid via experts. You have offered with many ways to fix error codes or messages. The best way to fix any Norton issue is to get on your cell phone to ring the Norton Antivirus Support Number +1-800-227-6190. Building a connection with experts will welcome your all issues. In such a way, error solution is so easy.
We hope that this article will help you eradicate all Norton Server related issues. If you want any further help then you can avail our Norton Tech Support guidance. Now, connecting with us is more comfortable than before.
You can talk to our engineers and obtain expert opinion through our live chat portal. Otherwise, you can choose to resolve the error by dropping your request through email at our official Norton Support mail ID. Our experts will get back to you in no time and sort out the trouble quickly. Moreover, you can dial our toll-free number any time of the day. We are available round the clock and 24×7 with the best possible solutions.