Category : Norton Error
The Norton Error 9090 is generally occurring, when you are using a web browser to view the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager console. Then don’tRead More…
The Norton Error 9090 is generally occurring, when you are using a web browser to view the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager console. Then don’t worry about it, the main scenarios may occur, when you connect to Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager you are warned by your web browser that there is a difficulty with the security certificate. The warning might come out quickly when you access the remote console Web page. Then the most frequent fact to cause to this error, the web browser doesn’t have a certificate for a remote Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager console, or the certificate has not been installed. Then don’t worry about it. You can simply solve this error, as here are blog will explain you very simple steps to Fix Norton Error 9090, so you need to follow some the steps that are given below.
Steps to Fix Norton Error 9090
To resolve this error, you will need to install the manager’s certificate by the following way:-
Install the certificate:-
- Start the process by login into your computer as “Administrator” section. For “Windows Vista” and later, you must start the browser with Administrator privileges, as right-click on the browser icon and click “Run as administrator”.
- For Windows 8, locate the program name in the Metro start screen, right-click on the program name and click on “Advanced”, and then hit on “Run as administrator” option.
Note:-Make sure the install the certificate; perform the following steps, depending on your browser:
Step For Internet Explorer:-
- First, start the “Internet Explorer” browser with Administrator privileges, and in the address box, type the URL “http://hostname:9090”, where hostname is the IP address or computer name of the server where the manager is installed:
- Hit on “Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Web Console”.
- When see the certificate alert screen, tap “Continue to this website (not recommended)”.
- Click the red “Certificate Error” alert, in the address bar and click “View Certificates”, in the “Security Alert” dialog box.
- Then look at the host name and verify it’s identical to the name you used in Step 1. In case, if they are dissimilar, start over on Step 1, using the exact name listed on the certificate.
- Hit “Install Certificate” to launch the Certificate Import Wizard.
- For Internet Explorer 10 (need 12.1.2 or later), make sure that you choose “Current User for Store Location”. Otherwise, just tap “Next”.
- Hit “Place all certificates in the following store”, then tap “Browse”, and then click “Trusted Root Certification Authorities”.
- Hit “OK”, then “Next”, and then click “Finish” button.
- May be you see “Security Warning dialog”, but if not, then your certificate is not imported.
- In the “Security Warning dialog”, review the URL and other information. If it’s correct, then click “Yes” to install the certificate.
Related Blog: How to Fix Norton Antivirus Error Code 3035 12?
Step For Chrome:-
Chrome is supported with Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.2 or later. This process permits you to add the certificate to the ‘Windows Certificate Manager” using Chrome.
- Start Chrome with Administrator privileges. Then you will need to type the URL “http://hostname:9090”, in the address box, where hostname is the IP address or computer name of the server where the manager is installed:
- Go to “Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Certificate” to download the security certificate.
- Open “Customize and control Google Chrome” by hitting on the icon to the right of the address bar (three horizontal lines).
- Go to “Settings”, and then “Show advanced settings” at the bottom side.
- Scroll down and then hit on “Manage Certificates”.
- Go to “Personal tab,”, then hit on “Import” and then tap “Next”.
- Go to that certificate file which you downloaded in Step 2, and “Browse” on it to “Open”, and the hit “Next”.
- In the Certificate Import Wizard, hit on “Place all certificates in the following store”, then tap “Browse”, and then tap “Trusted Root Certification Authorities”.
- Hit “OK”, and then “Next”, and then “Finish”.
- You may receive a security warning window, then verify the information that is correct, and then tap “Yes” to install the certificate.
Step For Firefox:-
The process is not difficult, you can do it, as a same as the process.
- Start “Firefox” with Administrator privileges, type the URL “http://hostname:9090”, in the address box.
- Go to “Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Certificate” to download the security certificate. Click “Save File”.
- Within Firefox, go to “Options”, then “Options”, then “Advanced”. Tap on the “Encryption” tab, then “View Certificates”, then “Servers”, and then click on “Import”
- Go to your default “Downloads folder”, open that file that you’ve just downloaded, tap “Open”, and then tap “OK” button twice times to close the Options window.
Now you should be able to successfully access the web console.
Need Help! Dial Norton Helpline Support Phone Number 1-800-204-4122 for Help
If you have doubt to follow the above steps, then get comprehensive guidance by connecting with our team of well-experienced and skilled technicians who are available 24×7/365 days at Norton Helpline Number 1-800-204-4122. This number is a toll-free, as you can connect with experts anytime and quickly resolve any kind of Norton antivirus issues by getting optimized answers. Hence, call us now for instant help.